St Andrews (14th Hole) by Peter Munro
Peter Munros new limited edition features the notorious Hell Bunker, on the fourteenth hole ofThe Old Course, with the town of St Andrews in the background. Documents record that a crude form of golf was being played at St Andrews as early as the mid- 1400s and the links are still considered to be The Home of GoIf today. The right to play golf on the site was embodied in a license drawn up by the Archbishop of St Andrews in 1552, which bound the proprietor not to plough up any part of the said golf links in all time coming. The license also confirmed the right of all citizens of St Andrews to play at golf, futeball, schueting, at all gamis with all uher, as ever they pleis and in ony time and included an extra provision which allowed the Archbishop to breed his rabbits on the links as well. Organised golf was played on the course from 1754, when twenty-two Noblemen and Gentlemen ferried the St Andrews Society of Golfers, which became the Royal and Ancient Golf Club in 1834. There are now a total of four eighteen hole links courses at St Andrews, including The New Course (dating from 1896), The Jubilee (1897) and The Eden (1914). However, the most famous of the four is undoubtedly The Old Course, with its many little pot bunkers and enormous double greens. The fourteenth hole on The Old Course is a very long par 5. It derives its nickname from one of the largest bunkers in the world of golf, Hell Bunker, which lurks unseen around 100 yards before the green and waits to catch the unwary. Over 10 feet deep at its most dangerous, Hell Bunker has trapped many of greatest players in the world of golf.
|Item Code : LIM0481||St Andrews (14th Hole) by Peter Munro - This Edition|
|TYPE||EDITION DETAILS||SIZE||SIGNATURES||OFFERS||YOUR PRICE||PURCHASING|
|PRINT|| Signed limited edition of 600 prints. || Image size 15 inches x 19 inches (38cm x 48cm)||Artist : Peter Munro||£20 Off!||Now : £98.00|
|All prices on our website are displayed in British Pounds Sterling|